Saturday, July 24, 2004

Staying on Track

That's the hard part of any exercise/weight-loss plan.

Well, heaving free weights around or trekking up Sleeping Giant are no small potatoes, either. But I have a habit of starting enthusiastically, and then wandering off the track after a month or so. I just get busy, or I miss a few days and then forget: "Oh yeah, I was going to exercise this morning*. Oops."

This blog is one way I'm going to try to stay on track, but what will remind me to blog after the initial enthusiasm wears off, as I know it will?

I just read an article on Staying On Track, which has some tips. The two ideas that really grab me are: Three Most Important Goals, and Keep Your Goals in Front of You.

If I can reduce my goals to 3 important ones, then they're easy to keep in front of me, right?

So I think Ben Franklin summed it up pretty neatly with "...healthy, wealthy, and wise." Not necessarily in that order of importance.
  1. Wise
  2. Healthy
  3. Wealthy
These three might mean something different to someone else. Wealth to Bill Gates, is something I'll never have, and what I have now would be considered wealth to a lot of people in the world today. So I'm going to spend some time thinking about what they mean to me. I'll post anything meaningful (to me) that I come up with.

But for a short, pithy, easy-to-remember set of goals, they're hard to beat.

_______________
* Or, this month

No comments: