Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Why the joy of movement?

This morning I woke up at 3:49 AM, after having fallen asleep somewhere around 10:30 PM.    That's only about 5 hours, which isn't enough for me.  But I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I tried: 

  1.  reading (Terry Pratchett's Small Gods)
  2. listening to Radio FreeBeanie (FM transmitter hooked up to my PC, RealAudio set to NPR, radio tuned to 88.6 FM)
  3. listening to a book on my Audible.com Otis player (Working with Emotional Intelligence, by Daniel Goleman).

Nothing worked, so at 5, I decided to get up, and go for a walk, thus getting in the exercise I'd been skipping for the past 2 days.

But my bed was so comfy, even though I wasn't sleepy. 

"Why should I leave my nice, soft, cozy bed?" I asked myself.

I answered, "For the joy of movement."

It worked, and a blog was born.




No comments: