Sunday, March 06, 2011

I'm still moving

But haven't been blogging about it. I have been exercising off and on, and in the warmer months, riding my bicycle, which I love. Go, endorphins!

Still, for me the problem isn't enjoying myself when I'm moving, but in getting going. That's still a huge effort. My butt has a lot of inertia, by mass, so it's tough to get it into gear.

I read a blog post somewhere about willpower vs. willingness. The main idea was that you shouldn't think of getting going as requiring willpower, but instead just be willing to commit yourself to your goal. If you focus on the goal, it should be motivating you to get moving.

The trick is to really understand your goal and your reasons for wanting to reach it. That seems like a lot of effort sometimes, but I think it gets easier every time you do it, if you do it consistently.

Just like riding a bike.

No comments: