Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moving towards a better place

I'm working on re-organizing my home, starting with the pantry. I did it this morning, mainly because I was high on 2 cups of coffee, and I also wanted to do something to surprise my house-mate, the Bohemian Wordsmith. Plus I wanted room for art supplies in the dining area, so we can be all artistic and stuff whenever we have a non-writing creative spasm.

There's so much work that needs to be done in this place, most of it in my office and bedroom. But the pantry is easier; fewer decisions to make about what to keep and what to toss. Still, it was hard parting with the random pieces of plastic storage containers that I've had since the '90s. You never know when 10 lids that fit no containers might come in handy!

So now instead, I'll probably have a bunch of malformed beads and earrings made out of polymer clay.

But I'll have a blast doing it, so what the hell!

Studio by Sculpey Clay Packages

Fiori Occhietti

1 comment:

-r- said...

Hey, who says they'll be malformed?

And if they are, who says that's bad?

It's the DIY revolution, according to Wired. Looking handmade is cool!

sez me.