Monday, June 05, 2006

Moving up....and down....and up....and down....

Inspired by a recent visit to my friends the Model Executive and the Cockney Sparrow, I have started training for Mt. Washington a bit more seriously.

Yesterday I walked up and down the stairs. I wasn't sure how many I could do without being completely crippled the day after, so I decided to start with 25 round-trips of 12 stair steps. I didn't record the time, either.

Of course, I was doing laundry yesterday, so I could add at least another 10 trips, but they weren't all in one session, so I won't.

It wasn't that tough to do, although I did slow down somewhere around #10, and go to serious "escargot mode" around #18.

Today I don't feel too bad, except when I've been sitting a long while. And of course, in my job I have to sit a long while.

I'll try to walk around outside later, if it doesn't rain.

Tomorrow, Curves in the AM, and stairs in the PM.

No comments: