Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The story so far...

Whataweek, whataweek,whataweek!

I don't remember why, but somehow I was too busy to go to Curves or to climb stairs.

But that was last week.

This week I'm doing better:

Sunday: hiked the blue trail at Sleeping Giant (not the whole thing, just the steep bit at the beginning). Then I took the red trail and the violet trail back to my car.

I was concerned because my ankle was still bothering me. So I put two support braces on. Oddly enough, I was better on the up than on the flat. Well, my ankle was better, anyway.

But going up a mountain is a little different from going up the stairs. For one thing, you use your whole body and not just your legs. For another, you don't get to go back down after 13 steps. Well, not intentionally, anyway.

Tuesday: Curves. Yay!
Wednesday: Stairs. I only had 15 minutes free, so I only did 25 trips.

Tomorrow, I can't go to Curves because I have to get to work early and they don't open until 6. Then I have a function to go to after work, so instead I'm going to get up at 5 and walk around outside. Luckily, I live on the other side of Sleeping Giant, (the rumpled bedsheets) so the road goes uphill.

Friday I'll do Curves again.

My inspirational quote for today: "Those who do not find the time for exercise will have to find time for illness." ~The Earl of Derby

No comments: